Difference between revisions of "Festivals"
(→Osiris Beer Help List)
|Line 94:||Line 94:|
Revision as of 08:00, 13 June 2019
- 1 Welcome to the Festivals guild page!
- 2 Upcoming Festivals Weekend
- 3 Requests
- 4 Additional Information for each Festival here.
- 5 Beers which need recipes
- 6 Ambrosia Stock for Ra and Thoth
- 7 Copy-Pastes
Welcome to the Festivals guild page!
This is the main wiki home for coordinating our efforts in passing the Principles and maybe even some test passes for the Test of Festivals. The Guild hall is in Asyut at 1050, 2354, just east of zFree.
Thank you for visiting and contributing!
Upcoming Festivals Weekend
The festival for Osiris will be Saturday June 15, 2019, at 3 p.m. EST, 7 p.m. UTC.
The festival for Isis will be Sunday June 16, 2019, at 3 p.m. EST, 7 p.m. UTC.
Next Festival: The Osiris festival will be Saturday, June 15, 2019
I would like to have a longer list of beers we can brew for Osiris, but we are working with what we've got. Be prepared to:
- Test well ahead-of time. As early as possible. (aka now)
- Look at the beer database to see if your beer can be brewed.
- Do an individual festival, any type, and test again for your new Osiris requirement. This can be done every 16 server hours.
Its time to get ready for Osiris....Let the brewing begin! You will have one entire week to test for Osiris and reset your requirements as needed to get a brewable beer. Please do this as soon as possible.
- Testing materials for Osiris: Item A: Flax (pillars), Item B: Barley (raw) (foci), and a partner to test with. Full Testing Instructions
- Ambrosia made of : oil and beer (keep reading)
- Altar Set up: surrounding an altar with (actively) growing flax, barley, onions, leeks, carrots, and garlic.
The majority of the beers for Osiris ambrosia will need to be individually brewed. This will take some time. To further complicate matters, there are beer flavor combinations (especially Spicy ones) that we have not yet discovered locations and recipes for. If you need one we cannot make, please do a mini-festival to reset your requirements, and test again. Resets can be done every 16 server hours.
"How do I know if my beer can be brewed?" The easiest way is to check Cegaiel's beer database. If it is not in the database, ask in festivals guild, or ask your favourite brewer if a recipe is possible. I have also attempted to make a compact list of all the Osiris combinations, with notes about whether or not there is a known recipe. Results here.... Osiris beer list
"I want to help, but I've never brewed beer before" I have attempted to write a guide for first-time beer brewers, with instructions for brewing from a recipe. It needs some polishing, but the text is there. Peacefulness has a collection of beer kettles and small barrels that she is willing to loan to those who need them. Grains and honey are available at the Festivals camp for those who need supplies.
Resetting your Osiris requirements: Successfully participating in ANY festival (pleasing a god) resets your requirements for ALL gods, including Osiris. You can please a god every 16 hours. Once you receive the "Pleased" pop-up, you can test for Osiris and find out what he wants from you. You can do a mini-festival all by yourself to reset your requirements. Dragging another Egyptian along is recommended, since it makes testing easier. If three players participate in your mini-festival, everyone will gain "percent satisfaction" points for that god.
So, you got an unbrewable beer for Osiris. You did a mini-festival and pleased a god to reset your requirements. You tested again. You have another unbrewable beer. (Sorry about your luck!) Wait at least 16 hours and do another mini-festival. You have the entire week to repeat this process as needed. Start early, reset every day, and retest after each god pleased.
Osiris beer planning
As in earlier tales, Osiris is asking for ambrosia made of beer that has two adjectives plus a malt-based flavor.
Possible adjectives are: Potent or Very Potent, Fruity, Spicy, Dry or Sweet, and Brown or Black,
Malt-based flavors are: Banana, Barley, Cherry, Cinnamon, Date, Honey, Nutmeg, and Orange.
Osiris beer brewers: First of all, thank you Very Very much for your assistance in this project. It is monumental!
When naming the successfully brewed beer, please keep the adjectives in the order listed on the "brewing results" window, and list all the adjectives the beer has. It is not necessary to include the flavor level (hint, noticeable, bold). If a player's requirements change, or they don't arrive for the festival, we have a better chance of being able to still use that ambrosia in the future.
Keeping that in mind, do also include the player's name at the end, so Joe will know that he's picked up the right one. Keeps down on the confusion and panic!
When looking at recipes, try to choose the one with the most adjectives. It gives the most versatile beer. So, if for some reason, Joe doesn't use it, it might not be completely wasted. If Joe needs an ambrosia made from Fruity Sweet Barley beer to please Osiris, its best to brew something with more adjectives and the final name might be as ridiculously long as:
Potent Fruity Spicy Sweet Brown Cinnamon Barley Beer for Joe.
When it is made into an ambrosia, please include all that information. A chest full of "Joe's ambro" will probably still have "Joe's ambro" in it when T9 gets here! I don't want to waste your time and efforts!
Osiris Beer Help List
|Eugenius||spicy brown barley||yes||Solaris||finished (not named just take from stock)|
|Silden||Fruity Black Cinnamon||yes||Solaris||finished (not named just take from stock)|
|peacefulness||VP Black Cherry||yes||premade||finished|
|Khali||Spicy black Nutmeg||yes||peacefulness||finished, in the VP box|
|Slartibartfast||Fruity Sweet Orange||yes||Vixsin||Ready to be picked up|
To participate in the Isis festival on Sunday, you will need:
- Testing materials for Isis: Item A: honey (pillars), Item B: oil (foci), and a partner to test with. Testing Instructions
- Ambrosia made of : 1 db of aromatic honey and oil
- Simple Perfume made of 10db of citrus fruit
- Altar Set up: 7 lit Glass Torches: Emerald, Ruby or Sapphire. (21 Glass Torches are generally set up to satisfy all players' requirements)
- 10 oil is needed to light each torch. If the torches are not lit, Isis will still be pleased.
- Action required during festival, not more than 5 minutes before ambrosia sacrifice : Apply Perfume (Self---Appearance---Apply perfume)
Isis Materials: At this time, all* Isis materials are expected to be premade and ready in time for the festival. If you are NOT participating in the festival on Saturday, you can test for Isis at any time. Otherwise, you will need to receive a message that "(Thoth) is pleased with your participation". This changes your requirements for all gods, including Isis. It is safe to test after that point.
(*Exception: One variety of citrus tree, Red Grapefruit, has not been successfully bred. The other 51 perfumes are premade)
Additional Information for each Festival here.
test with honey and camel milk
To please Bastet, you must decorate yourself with dyed silk ribbons of (color) and (color). You must surround an altar with 21 bottles of milk. Inside this circle of worship you must sacrifice ambrosia of (citrus/citrus) honey and milk.
Ribbons of (color and color)
- current assumption: Any paint lab color
- Festivals premade ribbon stock, click here
- Favorite Bastet colors (Have been requested more than once)
- Pale Golden Rod, Ruby Red, Lime Green, Khaki, Fuchsia, Dim Grey, Boysenberry
Ambrosia of (citrus/citrus) honey and milk
- current assumption: ambrosia requires aromatic honey derived from any two of the following fruits:
- Citron, Coralfruit, Corian, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lenat, Lime, Mandarin, Orange, Pummelo, Summerbell, Tangelo, Tangerine.
- Fruits new to T8 have not yet been seen in Bastet requirements.
test with male (pillar) and female rabbits
To worship Hathor, eat a feast of (three stats). Surround the altar with 3 Sheep, 3 Rabbits, 3 Chickens (drop each animal separately, not in piles). Within this circle, sacrifice ambrosia of Very Potent (flavor) beer and cobra's blood.
Ambrosia of Very Potent (flavor) beer and cobra's blood
- current assumption: flavors derived from malt
- Banana, Barley, Cherry, Cinnamon, Honey, Nutmeg, Orange.
- Not yet reported as a requirement: Date
Players are welcome to use any VP beer for their ambrosia. Cheap recipes and convenient locations (for me) are listed here: Hathor_Recipes
test with honey and oil
To please Isis, wear a perfume made of (adjective citrus), then create a place of worship by surrounding an altar with seven (gem) Glass Torch. Within this circle, sacrifice ambrosia of (citrus-citrus) honey and oil.
Perfume made of (adjective citrus):
- current assumptions:
- adjectives limited to Reddish, Greenish, Sweet, Tangy
- T8 citrus have not yet been seen as Isis requirements
(Gem) Glass Torch:
- current assumption: no new gems for T8: Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire
Ambrosia of (citrus-citrus) honey and oil
- current assumption: all citrus combinations, Citrus new to T8 is not included
test with linen and canvas
To please Maat, surround an altar with 21 flaming ritual torches. At this altar, sacrifice an ambrosia made from honey and the petals of a Rose of Ra (part: color).
Ambrosia of honey and the Petals of a Rose of Ra (part: color)
- current assumption: All flower parts and colors listed here: Rose Attributes
- Inner Petals: Blue, Green, Magenta, Red
- Outer Petals: Green, Magenta, Red, Yellow
- Stamen: Cyan, Red
- Leaves: Blue, Cyan, Red, Magenta
- Giant x2, any giant
- Dwarf x2
test with flax and barley (raw)
To worship Osiris, create a place of worship by surrounding an altar with growing flax, barley, onions, leeks, carrots, and garlic. Within this circle, sacrifice ambrosia of [adjective adjective flavor] beer and oil.
Ambrosia of (adjectives and flavor) beer and oil
- current assumption: Any malt-based beer, two specific adjectives
- Banana: Fruity Black, Fruity Dry, Spicy Sweet, Very Potent Dry
- Barley: Fruity Dry, Potent Brown, Potent Sweet, Spicy Sweet, Spicy Black
- Cherry: Potent Brown, Very Potent Brown
- Cinnamon: Fruity Black, Fruity Brown, Fruity Sweet, Potent Dry, Spicy Dry, Very Potent Black
- Date: (not seen yet)
- Honey: Fruity Dry, Fruity Sweet,Spicy, Very Potent Brown
- Nutmeg: Fruity Brown, Spicy Dry, Very Potent Brown, Fruity Dry, Potent Black
- Orange: Potent Sweet, Very Potent Brown
test with medium quartz and medium topaz
To please Ra, build a spirit brasier and fill it with (Adjective) Spirits of (Noun). Surround the brasier with seven bonfires of 7000 wood each. Ignite the bonfires and the brasier, then use the brasier to sacrifice ambrosia of dates and (flavor) wine. The wine must be at least two vintages old and must contain 10% alcohol.
(adjective) Spirits of (noun)
- (adjective): (noun)
- Fruit: Earth
- Grain: Earth, Fire, Water, Air
- Mineral: Earth, Water, Air, Fire
- Wood: Fire (assumed to be included: Air, Earth, Water)
Ambrosia of dates and (flavor) wine
- note: wine flavors have changed this tale
- Butterscotch, Cassis, Cedar, Cherry, Licorice, Linalool, Methyl Anthranilate, Melon, Molasses, Peach, Rasin, Raspberry
test with papyrus paper and candle
To please Thoth, surround an altar with 21 scampering beetles. Make sure the beetles don't wander too far. At this altar, sacrifice an ambrosia made of ink and (flavor) wine. The wine must be at least two vintages old and must contain 12% alcohol.
note: wine flavors have changed this tale
Ambrosia of ink and (flavor) wine
- Banana, Butterscotch, Cassis, Cedar, Cherry, Licorice, Linalool, Melon, Methyl Anthranilate, Molasses, Peach, Raisin, Raspberry, Strawberry Jam
Beers which need recipes
The actual list (click here) is much longer, but so far, we do not know of brewing locations for combinations that include:
Spicy Banana, Spicy Cherry, Spicy Date, Spicy Orange, Potent Orange
Many Spicy beers require at least two yeasts to be producing flavors. They are very specialized locations, and we are still hunting for them, this tale. Some beers are just impossible to produce due to the composition of yeast qualities.
Ambrosia Stock for Ra and Thoth
List of donated wines, organized by bottle
List of donated wines, organized by flavor
Table format: Flavor. Number of Thoth ambrosia, Number of unique wines. Number of Ra Ambrosia, Number of unique wines.
- General Donation WH: 1035, 2361
- Common Altar: 1040, 2372
- Guild Hall: 1050, 2354
- Testing mats chest: 1056, 2368
- Bastet chest: 1061, 2368
- Hathor chest: 1060, 2368
- Isis chest: 1058, 2368
- Maat chest: 1061, 2363
- Osiris chest: 1060, 2363
- Ra chest: 1058, 2363
- Thoth chest: 1056, 2363