If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
Paint is used to provide color to various projects.
Created in a Pigment Laboratory using various quantities of ingredients. The 11 ingredients are:
- Cabbage Juice - purple
- Carrots - orange
- Clay - brown
- Dead Tongue Mushrooms - reddish
- Toad Skin Mushrooms - dark green
- Falcon's Bait Mushrooms - light green
- Red Sand - bold red
- Lead - blue grey
- Silver Powder - black
- Iron - rust
- Copper - aqua
The 4 catalysts are:
- Paint is primarily used as a building material, and in research.
- You can buy a Paint License in the Desert Nomad Store. When using this it costs 75 paint to paint your warehouse.
Paint License: Permission to paint one warehouse once. Supplied in packs of 5
- You can use paint to add color to Shop shelves at the cost of 10 paint per shelf.
- When a building or research requires paint of a non-specific colour (ie, Greenish, or Whiteish), then any paint colour with that non-specific colour in the name will be accepted. For example, Spring Green and Forest Green will both satisfy a requirement for Greenish paint.
Specific Colours required
- 500 Deep Sky Blue Paint
- 250 Dark Red Paint
- 350 Forest Green Paint
- 250 Slate Blue Paint
- 25 Navajo White Paint
- 350 Tomato Paint
- 500 Violet Paint
- 150 Green Paint
- 100 Blue Paint
- 50 Purple Paint
- 100 Gold Paint
- 200 Maroon Paint
- 50 Yellow Paint
- 200 Sky Blue Paint
- 50 Midnight Blue Paint
- 20 Aquamarine Paint
- 30 Indian Red Paint
- 12 Light Blue Paint
- 15 Dark Green Paint
- 1568 Green Paint
- 1568 Yellow Paint
- 300 Ivory Paint
- 7673 Black Paint
- 6529 Light Coral Paint
- 5851 Pale Golden Rod Paint
- 4523 Sea Green Paint
- 3307 Violet Red Paint
- 2129 Saddle Brown Paint
- 105 Blue Violet Paint
- 105 Crimson Paint
- 150 Dark Slate Grey Paint
- 250 Spring Green Paint
- 150 Pale Violet Red Paint
- 100 Orange Paint
- 100 Orange Paint
- 50 White Paint
- 20 Turquoise Paint
- 20 Pale Turquoise Paint
- 125 Olive Drab Paint
- 125 Sandy Brown Paint
- 100 Sienna Paint
- 100 Tan Paint
- 97 Indian Red Paint
- 100 Dark Orange Paint
- 100 Golden Rod Paint
- 100 Dark Golden Rod Paint
- 100 Olive Paint
- 100 Dark Grey Paint
- 100 Dark Khaki Paint
- 120 Fire Brick Paint
- 130 Pale Golden Rod Paint
Research and Tuition
- 50 Red Paint needed for Carpentry 3
- 100 Burnt Sienna Paint needed for Carpentry 4
- 100 Oxford Blue Paint needed for Carpentry 4
- 24,706 needed for Chromatic Touch research - see Chromatic Touch for colors
- 400 required for Herpeculture research - see Herpeculture for colors
- 500 (Red, Green, Blue, Pink, Orange, Indigo and Yellow) required for Mass Production of Color research
- 1000 (Aquamarine, Indian Red, Light Blue, Dark Green) required for Herpeculture Experiments Level 1 research
Recipes involving the catalysts are Character Specific and thus will be different from person to person.
Some Base ingredients react with each other, the magnitude and direction of this reaction is also character specific.
Reactionless Paint Recipes involving just the base ingredients that don't react with each other can be used by anyone.
Getting a reaction
Earlier Tale guides:
Guide on how to use Automato (formerly Veggie Tales), Paint Watch, and Practical Paint: http://www.atitd.org/wiki/tale6/User:Ofalot/Painting_Guide
Illustrated guide to walk new players through paint theory and the complete process of getting reaction values and tweaking recipes using Veggie Tales, Paint Watch, and Practical Paint: http://www.atitd.org/wiki/tale6/User:GHawkins/PaintGuide
Ingredients and Mixing
There are eleven base ingredients, and each has a starting RGB value, listed below. Note: in earlier tellings, ores were used instead of metals. However, the RGB values are unchanged.
Here is the full table of possible reactions. This table seems to be specific to Tale 7. Every player will have the same Color Reaction according to the table below. Though the amount (between -64 to +63) is avatar dependent.
Earthlight Mushrooms have not been tested yet.
If someone ele could verify the data is correct that would be great—Anien
|Dead Tongue Mushrooms||---||W||W||B||G||R|
|Toad Skin Mushrooms||R||G||---||R||W||R||G|
|Falcon's Bait Mushrooms||G||W||R||---||G||R||B||B||W|
The following tools were available for T7, but may not have been tested for T8:
- Desert Paint Lab paint ingredient reaction recorder and simulator.
Note: GTK# for .net needs to be installed on Windows computers for Desert Paint Lab to work correctly. http://www.mono-project.com/download/#download-win
- https://www.atitd.org/wiki/tale7/File:PracticalPaint.Zip paint recipe generator from determined ingredient reactions.
- Note: I gathered my reactions today. I had to update reactions.txt to use the Paint Reactions table on this page. I also added some notes/comments to help newbies (which I am today) figure out how you're suppose to test you reactions.
- Alternatively try this zip of Practical Paint for T8. It might help, not sure.
- This zip is 100% the same as the T7 link except updated reactions.txt : https://ceg.atitd.org/paint/PracticalPaintT8-Ceg.zip —Added to website since T8 wiki doesn't currently allow .zip to be uploaded. ~Cegaiel - June 16, 2018
- I replaced the above .zip to use Falcon Bait instead of Earth Light - Changelog: On July 8, 2018 Changed: Earth Light has been swapped for Falcon's Bait in making paint was updated in game. Some of the reactions has also changed. Files updated to reflect those changes. ~Cegaiel - August 9, 2018
- Created Video to show friend how to use Automato's paint_watch.lua to get your reactions for Practical Paint's reaction.txt file. Maybe it will help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccLGduqM0Oc ~Cegaiel - August 8, 2018