|14 × 7|
An Anvil is used for creating various hammered metal products.
Tip: Build your anvil facing east to west instead of north to south because it will be much easier to work materials on the anvil using cartographer's camera from the camera options menu. The front of the anvil needs to face south (rotate once clockwise).
An anvil is used to create various metal tools by shaping a block of metal into a specific pattern. Using an anvil requires the Blacksmithing tech.
This uses various smithing Tools, each with a different pattern in pushing metal:
The finished products are assigned a quality based on how close they are to the goal. The higher the quality, the more effective the tool, with 9999 being perfect. An anvil can produce the following:
- Shovel - 10 metal; 4 wood to complete; require 6000+ to be effective
- Carpentry Blade - 1 metal; requires quality 3000+ to be used
- Hatchet - 20 metal
- Resin Wedge - 7 metal
- Archaeology Shovel - 8 metal
- Sharp Edged Knife Blade - 10 metal
- Spring - 1 metal
from any of the following metals, with stronger metals allowing more hits before the piece becomes too fragile to work.
- Copper - 160 hit limit
- Iron - 180 hit limit
- Brass - 200 hit limit
- Bronze - 210 hit limit
- Steel - 220 hit limit
- Sun Steel - 240 hit limit
- Moon Steel - 250 hit limit
- Thoth's Metal - 260 hit limit
- Water Metal - 250 hit limit
- Metal Blue - 280 hit limit
- Octec's Alloy - 300 hit limit
If you know Refined Smithery, Diamond Tipped Hatchets may be created from 3 Bronze and 21 Powdered Diamond. Diamond Tipped Hatchets may *only* be made from Bronze, and will not show up on the menu of any other metal.
For details on technique, please check out the Blacksmithing Guide.