Requirements to Participate
Casting from University of Philosophy
Cooking levels controls the duration of the meal.
- 7 levels of Cooking can be bought at the School Of Worship. See Skills for costs.
If you want points as a Chef, you must have at least one kitchen. See Buildings for cost.
Where to find details about the Cooking Event
A Controller run event that shows up on the calendar.
Watch for news and winners' listings in the Events chat. /join Events
Click on the Calendar icon and scroll.
Click on the Eye icon on the left under the title of the Event to see a small story and prize list.
Set Your Time Zone
Set your Time Zone correctly because the calendar time for event start also uses it.
- You must manually change your Time Zone back one hour in the spring and forward one hour in the fall.
- For the USA Eastern Time is 0500 (March 8 thru November 1 for 2020) for EDT, but then during EST has to manually be changed to 0400.
What to do
Points and prizes are accrued for Chefs (those who cook the meal) and Gourmands (those who eat the meal).
Gather your ingredients ahead of time.
Read the Stat and Servings requirements listed on the calendar for the Obesity Event if you want to get points for being a Chef.
How to Check Your Event Points
Once the event begins, click Self/Events.../ to see your points.
Messages will be given if a meal does not count for a Chef and why.
Aids in Making Meals
Cooking Tutorial with Ariella and Pascalito
Lazybum's Food Charts
- Chef must make a meal with the stated food type as a base (not an additive) and have the Stat/s within the stated Range/s.
- Chef gets 1 point per player eating his festival meal if player has not eaten the same meal made by another Chef.
- If Chef cleans out the Kitchen before all servings are eaten, Chef forfeits all points gained from that meal.
- Duration of meal is paramount in enticing Gourmands to eat. See Gourmand points below.
- 1 point per each minute of Duration of festival meal.
Two extra rules during the Cooking Festival can mess with getting points:
- At least one of the added rules below will happen.
- Adding the rule that each meal eaten must be unique to receive points.
- Or adding the rule that the Gourmand can eat only one meal per Chef to receive points.
- Both added rules above might happen.
The Winners' list is automatically posted in the Events chat.
In case you missed seeing the Winners' Reports or just general chat about the event, it is logged here: