Tests are challenges to the citizens of Egypt issued in each Telling by The Stranger, an enigmatic fellow who may or may not have Egypt's best interests at heart. In this, the tenth Telling, there are at least nine tests available in six different disciplines.
In order to attempt any of the tests in a Discipline, you must visit the appropriate faction-controlled University of that discipline. The tests are often quite challenging, and many tests cannot be passed by more than a small percentage of players. Good luck!
- Tests of each discipline may not be started until the player has completed the corresponding initiation task in that discipline.
- Before starting a test, you must visit the appropriate faction-controlled university to start it.
- Tests have a Task associated with them, that is visible in the Task menu. This will give you an introduction to the test and give you pointers on completing it.
- As you progress in a Test, you will be awarded with Talent Points. As far as we know, each test when fully completed grants 7 talent points.
- Completing a Test will give you a "rank" (i.e. a new title)
- Not all tests are available at the start of the telling. They must first be released by the developers, and then must be demonstrated at a University of Progress to show that Egypt is ready for the test.
The Test Pass History page has some information about previous successful test passes.
Demonstrating New Tests
Tests that are currently locked are not demonstrated at local universities where players sign up to participate. Tests are demonstrated at the University of Progress. These universities are not bound by faction and can be interacted with regardless of the control state of their region. While some tests are unlockable with a single player, others may require groups of players present to unlock.
Note that demonstrating the test does not consume any of the required resources.
After a test has been demonstrated, there is a one-week cooldown before another test can be demonstrated. A Token of Ra can be used to bypass this timer.
Players may only begin a Test in a given discipline after the initiation task in that discipline has been completed. These tasks are:
- Architecture: Home Sweet Home
- Art & Music: Art & Music
- Body: Exploration
- Natural Philosophy: Botany
- Thought: Puzzle in the Night Sky
- Worship: A Simple Offering
The completion of each of these tasks awards a new title and 1 talent point.
Tests by Discipline