Test of the Archaeologist
|The Test of the Archaeologist|
|(Test - Natural Philosophy)|
Travel Egypt's sands to discover relics from the mysterious past. Perfect your collection by trading to pass the Test of the Archaeologist.
You sign up for the Test of the Archaeologist and learn how to craft Archaeologist's Shovel (also requires the Blacksmithing skill), build a Trophy Case, and excavate sites. You are also given a list of relics to search for. Trading relics with fellow Archaeologists is encouraged.
The Test of the Archaeologist is a test available in the discipline of Natural Philosophy. Requires Blacksmithing 1 to start.
- Hunt for Archaeological Dig Sites on the roads of Egypt.
- Extract Relics from them using an Archaeologist's Shovel.
- If you are successful at getting a relic you have to pick it up from the ground. Some are tiny and hard to see.
- Use Utility/Make Nearby Portables Look Like Bags to expose the tiny relics
- When you start the test, you will be given a list of your 14 ideal Relics.
- Your goal is to find relics that match as many attributes as possible on your list.
- You gain Talent Points from having a higher score than others (see below for details).
- When you install a relic in your Trophy Case, you will receive 1 point, with a 7x multiplier if you found it yourself.
- Each attribute on the relic that matches your ideal list will add a multiplier to the score for that relic.
- The multiplier for each attribute appears to be equal to the number of possibilities for that attribute minus 1, with the exception of color (which maxes out at 7).
- Color: 7x
- Size: 4x
- Sturdyness: 2x
- Weight: 3x
- Age: 3x
- Purpose: 4x
- The score of any relic is:
- Collected By * Color * Size * Sturdyness * Weight * Age * Purpose
- You may not install more than one of a particular type of relic in the case.
- You may, however, remove installed relics, if you find a better match.
- Although you do not get the 7x multiplier if you install a relic you did not find yourself, often it may still be better to do so if you can match more attributes.
Passing the Test
- Requires 7 relics in your Trophy Case to complete.
- The top three Archaeologist scores each week pass.
Talent Points Awarded
- Build a Trophy Case (1 Talent Point)
- Successfully Extract a Relic (2 Talent Point)
- Install Three Relics in your Trophy Case (1 Talent Point)
- Pass Test (3 Talent Point)
There are 21 types of relics. Each relic will have a set of attributes, one from each category noted below.
For example, you might find an Air of Reason that is Violet, Tiny, Indestructible, Heavy, Timeless, Functional.