Clay is a fundamental and common resource in Egypt.
It is gathered from clay patches found throughout the world. Look for terrain, often close to water, where the ground is cracked. A "clay" action icon appears in the corner of your screen when you are standing on a clay patch.
To gather clay, click on the "clay" icon while holding at least one container of Water. (The image of the shovel in the icon is misleading; you do not need a shovel.) Each time you gather clay, you will empty one of your water jugs. You cannot gather clay in the same spot twice consecutively, so after you gather clay, move a little bit until you see the "clay" icon again. About 10% of the time, gathering clay will also get you a piece of flint.
Clay can also be automatically produced by a Raeli Oven equipped with a clay dredge.
- 1 required to make a Wet Clay Jug on a Pottery Wheel.
- 4 required to make a Wet Clay Mortar.
- 4 required to make a Stella
- Wet Clay Bricks:
- 10 required to make Clay Steeped Wool Cloth in a tub.
- 20 required to build a Blast Furnace
- 100 required to build an Ant Colony
- 100 required to build a Compression Furnace
- 100 required to make a Wet Pipe Segment on a Pottery Deck
- 120 required to build a Mutagenics Lab
- 200 required to build an Indonesian Bee Hive
- 350 required to make a Wet Cistern on a Pottery Deck
- 400 required to make a Wet Clay Dome on a Pottery Deck
- 500 required to build a Gyration Cell
- Test of the Covered Cartouche:
- 19 required to build a Charm of Flight
- Test of Khefre's Children
- 20 required to build a Beetle Statue
- Test of the Obelisk
- Principles of Thought: Empty Hand Puzzle
- Test of Life
- Riddle of the Sphinx:
- 33,331 required to build a Lesser Sphinx
Research and Tuition
- 10 required to learn Pottery
- 100 required to learn Salvage Techniques at the School of Natural Philosophy
- 1,000 required to research Farming 1
- 150,000 required for Advanced Casting research
- 10,000 required for Detonation research
- 5000 required for Herbal Exploration research
- 1000 needed to research Masonry
- 4000 required for Mutagenics research
- 4000 required for Metallurgy 3 research
- 5000 required for Myrmecology research
- 966 required to research Obelisk Construction 1
- 2000 needed for Seed Registry Research
- 10,000 required to research Stellae Construction
- 4000 needed for Structural Pottery research
Ant Colony, Basic Tub, Blast Furnace, Cartouche, Clay Steeped Canvas, Compression Furnace, Desert Obelisk, Farming, Gyration Cell, Indonesian Bee Hive, Mutagenics Lab, Myrmecology, Night Sky Table, Obelisk Construction, Pipe Segment (Wet), Seed Registry, Test of Khefre's Children, Wet Cistern, Wet Clay Cookpot