ALOE prospecting and Quarries Page
Back to ALOE page.
Prospecting and Building
For prospecting; Lots of slate (at least 400) Wood for bonfires (50)
For building a stone quarry 100 bricks 15 Rope 2 Pulleys 25 Slate
WH for materials: 1724, 6544.
- Currently has everything to build 20 quarries
- plus 3k slate and 300 wood for prospecting
Recipe for 20 PER food: 4 Grilled Onions. 4 Acorn's Cap Mushrooms. 4 Common Basil. 4 Common Rosemary. 4 Bee Balm. 4 Houseleek. 4 Myristica. 3 Bluebottle Clover. 3 Buckler-leaf. 3 Dank Mullien. 3 Dark Radish. 3 Flander's Blossom. 3 Jagged Dewcup. 3 True Tarragon.
1 person learns a marble at SArch (see below) Don't forget to eat before going to SArch, and 10 slate.
|Marble required||who is getting the skill||Learnt(Y/N)|
|Rose Alexander (PER 7)||-||-|
|Serpentine (PER 17)||-||-|
|White Travertine (PER 2)||Kelistra (I already have the skill||-|
|Yellow Alabaster (PER 1)||ysabau-||-y|
|OSM (PER 1)||Kachina already has this if we want it||-|
How to Prospect
- Very Important - only 2 people in range at the same time, others in the team need to hang back by > 32 co-ords
- Agree who is moving/testing (A) and who is static (B) (although the static persone will need to move at some point as we get closer to identifying where the marble is
- Select a starting Point and direction, with 2 people 30 co-ords apart (EW or NS - depending on direction)
- Should be in F8F8 mode and use keyboard arrows to move.
- Smash slates
- If a single slate is smashed, move forward by 60 co-ords and try again
- if 2 slates are smashed, place a bonfire at the feet of both players, not the work begins to find the exact co-ordinate.
Finding the quarry once the a positive range is found
- (A) moves 15 co-ordinates to the centre towards player (B), and the person who was successful tests again. place a bonfire
- (A) then moves north by 15 co-ords - test again (if positive no need to do step 3. place a bonfire
- (A) moves south by 30 co-co-ords - test again place a bonfire
This will then give us an idea of where it is in the circle.
Use the same steps as above, formaing a circle of 15 co-ords apart.
- (A) moves 8 co-ordinates to the centre towards player (B), and test. place a bonfire
- (A) then moves north by 8 co-ords - test again (if positive no need to do step 3. place a bonfire
- (A) moves south by 16 co-co-ords - test again place a bonfire
AND carry on...till you are standing on the same coordinate and get a positive outcome.
Notes - sometimes this will not a build a quarry so it is best to check that there are co-ordinate borders close by.
- Build the quarry
- Guild it
- Remove bonfires
|Decorative Stone||Region||co-ordinates||Date Built||Date Quarried||number Lifted||Notes|
|Yellow Alabaster||Bitter lakes||1928,6499||April, 19th||-||-||Gearbox F298-F343|
|OSM||Bitter Lakes||1987,6572||April, 19th||-||-||Gearbox A272-A324|