DO NOT LET WATER GO DRY IN VOLUME OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SOLUTION!!!
- Used in a Greenhouse
- Requires Fungiculture 2 (Skill) to produce.
- Any flora that can be crossbred has a genome. Includes flax, vine, flowers, vegetables, wheat.
- Must put identical strains in both the left and right splints when applying a solvent. Example: Appreciation vine in both splints.
- A partial gene sequence (# of genes depends on type of solvent) randomly chosen from the genome will be shown.
- Example: Using Clear Solvent first try shows OIOK from the Vampire Sea Lily genome of KIYIYIOIYIOIOK
- Each gene name is a color name. However, the color is only a gene naming facility and means nothing else.
- Each color name is abbreviated to the color's first letter, except where two of the first letters are identical, another letter is chosen.
- Some reasons to use solvents:
- To obtain an entire unknown genome, piece together multiple partial gene sequences.
- Discover where mutagen gene 'hits' are.
- See where an added or deleted gene happens on 'child' crossbreeds.
- Important: The color names used have changed every tale after T6. Translation is needed to get the in-game results to match:
Short link to this chart: https://tinyurl.com/xfwp8wdf
- DO NOT LET WATER GO DRY IN VOLUME OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SOLUTION!!! (even if the precipitate has reached 1.00)
- 10-20 Water in Jugs (to raise Volume)
- 20-30 Charcoal (to raise temperature)
- 20-30 Cactus Sap (to raise acidity)
- N mushrooms (see charts below)
- 30-40 Cabbage Juice (to test acidity)
Basic Solvents (Single Mushroom)
|Solvent Name||Mushroom||Single Shroom Addition Quantity||Total Shrooms Used||Solvent Quantity||Gene String Yield|
- Step 1: Add 5-20 Water in Jugs as desired for safety margin
- Step 2: Add 3-4 Cactus Sap to raise Acidity between 3.0 and 3.4
- Step 3: Add 1 Cabbage Juice to check acidity. Acidity below 3.0, add Cactus Sap and recheck with Cabbage Juice. Acidity above 3.4, wait to let acidity drop and recheck with Cabbage Juice. Acidity between 3.0 and 3.4 or a little higher...go to Step 4 (by the time you add charcoal, acidity will have dropped to target).
- Step 4: Add charcoal until Temperature is between 360 and 400 degrees
NOTE: This is the critical window...more difficult to hit than with Nut's Essence. You may have to cycle through several times of raising the temp (Step 4) if it lowers below 360, then raise acidity (Step 3) as soon as the temp is within its window and try adding your mushroom several times while checking acidity.
- Step 5: Add mushroom to go to Stage 2 ( You've got it made now! )
- Step 6: Check Acidity for 1.2 to 1.5 or let temperature drop down to 150-175 degrees and start trying Step 7
- Step 7: Add mushroom to go to Stage 3
- Step 8: Add charcoal to boost Temperature up to 650-800 degrees
- Step 9: Add mushroom to go to Stage 4
- Step 10: Let Precipitation go to 1.00. Refresh menu and click Take the Revelation Solvent. Refresh menu to go to original menu.
Escape Route: To back out of a recipe when you do not have enough mushrooms, make sure to raise temperature to evaporate the solution. When Volume equals zero you get a message and can return to the solvent/nut's essence options again.
Faster Escape Route: The toxin kitchen now has the option to "Clean this kitchen" in its Utility Menu, which allows you to restart the process. No materials are returned.
Pause? When the temperature reaches zero, the volume seems to stop decreasing. A partially-made solvent has been left in this state for several hours, without going dry. However, the acidity continues to drop until it also reaches zero.
Advanced Solvents (Multi-Mushroom)
|Solvent Name||Stage 1 Mushroom||Stage 1 Temp Range||Stage 1 Acidity Range||Stage 2 Mushroom||Stage 2 Temp Range||Stage 2 Acidity Range||Stage 3 Mushroom||Stage 3 Temp Range||Stage 3 Acidity Range||Gene String Yield|
|Diamond||3 Scorpions Brood||360-400||3.0-3.4||3 Heaven's Torrent||Any||1.2-1.5||3 Heart of Ash||650-800||Any||7|
|Minu's||4 Salt Water Fungus||380-400||4.0-4.5||4 Razor's Edge||0-100||1.2-1.5||4 Falcon's Bait||750-800||2.0-5.0||8|
|Osiris'||5 Beehive||580-600||5.0-5.4||5 Eye of Osiris||500-700||1.2-1.5||5 Dueling Serpents||770-800||3.0-4.0||9|
|Renenutet's||6 Spiderling||400-550||2.2-2.6||6 Sand Spore||100-250||1.1-1.5||6 Sun Star||700-850||4.6-5.0||10|
|Cloudy (does not reveal Genome)||25 Cobra Hood||360-400||3.00-3.40||25 Camels Mane||Any||1.2-1.5||25 Flat||650-800||Any||N/A* (used for Mushroom Lab)|
- Yield only one solvent each.
- Requires 3 different mushroom types per solvent made (a different type at each stage) instead of only one mushroom type per solvent for all stages.
- Use production procedure above, but follow Temperature and Acidity ranges for each advanced solvent.
- Most stages require both Temperature and Acidity to be in range simultaneously, unlike the cheaper solvents.
- Renenutet's is easier and quicker to make than the other solvents due to the others having a slimmer range of Temperature and/or Acidity in their stages (see NOTE below).
- * Cloudy solvent is used to make a Mushroom Lab for testing soil suitability for mushrooms.
NOTE: Renenutet's, the solvent with the longest sequencing capability, was re-worked in Tale 9 to be considerably easier to make.
WARNING: IN THE FOLLOWING CASE, MAKE SURE TO KEEP THE VOLUME ABOVE 0!! With each addition of Charcoal or Cactus Sap, Temperature and Acidity increase and decrease randomly which may result in a window that does not allow for adding the mushrooms. If this occurs, it may take several tries to achieve the correct Temperature/Acidity window to add the mushroom. DO NOT FORGET TO WATCH VOLUME!!