Spores are gathered from Wild Mushrooms and stored on Spore Paper. Creating the Spore Paper needs:
- Fungiculture Level 1
- 2 Beeswax
- 1 Glass Jars
- 1 Paper (Papyrus)
This creates a complex item of the form 'Spore Paper: Acorn's Cap Mushrooms at Year 1, Shemu III-4, 5:53AM'
After 24 hours (* Duck Hours, so this can actually be as long as 26-28 hours), the Spore Paper can be inspected at a Crafting Bench. No extra resources required but this triggers a Focus timer. If the check is successful, a 'Jar of Spores: <Mushroom Name>' is created. If not, you get the message "As far as you can tell, there were no spores, maybe the mushroom wasn't mature enough or you just don't know what your (sic) looking for"
From Malard on Discord:
if you got a spore paper
go to a crafting bench
so basically you put a mushroom in a jar with paper over the top
wait 24 hours
hence the timer on the paper
then inspect the paper
if its got spores, then it will seal the jar
else it will refund your jar
but a single spore jar will yield 100's of shrooms
over multiple harvests
Observations of Spore Papers
- Perception 21 was Mixed (Hairy Tooth 2/7) by User:Snoerr
- Perception 21 was a Failure (Toad Skin x 3) by User:Snoerr
Anecdotal: Snoerr seemed to have better success rate 3 days after collecting the spore paper than after 1. Needs more data to confirm this was not simply RNG.
- Perception 1 was a Success (Ra's Awakening) by User:Eugenius
- Perception 1 was a Failure (Fruit of Horus) by User:Eugenius
- Perception 21 was a Success (Ra's Awakening) by User:Eugenius
- Perception 21 was a Success (Fruit of Horus) by User:Eugenius
- Perception 21 was a Success (Various Common Shooms x 4) by User:Eugenius
- Perception (negative 28) was a failure (Fruit of Horus) by User:Eugenius
- Perception 40, Focus 45. 25 success from 45 papers (Beehive, Peasant Foot, Hairy Tooth, Dung Rot).