|(Test - The Human Body)|
Create a Venery - a mind bending hunt across the land, to challenge and entertain those developing their Focus.
Design a Venery, a treasure hunt around your home, throughout your neighborhood, or across Egypt. A good Venery can teach runners about local sites, and is neither too easy nor too difficult. After completing your design, if you wish to turn off the Venery menu on objects, turn off the option in 'Interface Options' under 'Show menu items for venery configuration'. This option was added when you started the Test of the Venery.
The test requires you to build a Venery and have seven judges rate it, averaging at least Good.
- Make an Eyelet cut Amethyst (Optional)
- Make an Eyelet cut Lapis (Optional)
- Make an Eyelet cut Turquoise (Optional)
- Make an Eyelet cut Garnet (Optional)
- Make a Simple Lockbox
- Make Papyrus Paper
- Build a Venery Gathering Point
- Install at least 7 Lockboxes
- Open your Venery
- Tear down your Venery Gathering Point, OR
- Have 7 Judges run and rate your Venery
- Design rated Good by most judges
- All of the above OR complete three recent winning Venerys
- Pass the Test
This test allows the builder to create a small story and bring the participant through a series of locations while participating. It can be timed and can be as small as within eyesight to Egypt as a whole.
Talent Points are awarded for:
- Building the Venery Gathering Point
- Forging a Simple Lockbox
- Installing 7 Lockboxes
- Opening the Venery
- Passing the Test - TBC
- Completing three recent winning Veneries - No TP awarded as of 2021-09-04
Creating a Venery
- Make at least 7 Simple Lockboxes
- Determine where you'd like to start your Venery
- Build a Venery Gathering Point
- Name your keys
- Install your Simple Lockboxes
- Create your clues - Consider using the Venery Planner to plan and write your content.
- Open your Venery.
Notes on Lockboxes and Clues
- You need to select 'Configure This Venery' at the Venery gathering point before you start installing lockboxes. Then you can install keys and lockboxes anywhere you like.
- Make sure that Options > Interface> Tests > "show menu items for venery configuration" is checked, or you will not get the option to install the Locboxes! - Minerva
- A venery should be fun to do. Many Egyptians get frustrated with the very hard ones and will tend to quit the venery.
- Make sure your clues are precise and not too hard to decipher.
- Always keep in mind that people will be voting on this so if you want to pass it needs to be finely balanced between easy and hard.
- Some people in previous tales built chests and placed rewards in them for others to collect. However you do it is up to you.
- Some people will also have an answer sheet attached to their wiki page.
- Remember Just Have Fun.
- For more on how to design a Venery see Dreasimy's Guide to Creating a Venery!
|Region||Coordinates||Designer||Name||Passed||Remarks||RL Date Opened|
|West Kush||940, -4040||Redshift||Revenge of the Ruddy Fennec||Yes||8/22/2021|
|West Kush||Broken. Torn down||Sabuli||Doctor Mooo||Yes||8/23/2021|
|Lahun cs||-1364 4865||Amon||Bring the sculptor back to the Capital||Yes||8/25/2021|
|Lahun cs||-1364, 4948||Archis||The Pendulum||No||8/26/2021|
|Koptos cs||866, -1928||Aidenna||Are You My Mother?||Yes||9/5/2021|
|Sharuhen cs||2851, -1018||RoaminUmp||Guided Tour of Sharuhen||No||9/5/2021|
|Naqada||2597, 2168||Djoser||A Tale of Giants and Dwarves||No||fast and easy||9/7/2021|
|Upper Egypt||942, -1556||Wimsankh||The search for Panama||No||9/9/2021|
|East Sinai||4239, 6720||Isabelin||Saved by the beer||Yes||Short||15/09/2021|
|Red Sea||1934, 2085||Arbutus||Ahknaten The Architect||No||Short and puzzle-based||9/17/2021|
|Red Sea||1926, 1817||Bann||Vigil Venery||Yes||light and quick||9/26/2021|
|Upper Egypt||926, -1855||Lisimba||New Arrival||Yes||fast and easy||11/06/2021|
|Upper Egypt||926, -1746||Shelyak||Enemies of the Kingdom||Yes||may require fermenting||11/9/2021|
|West Kush (near VoQ cs)||873, -4237||sparkle||The Beauty of Egypt||No||short and sweet||03/30/2022|
Sorry. I accidentaly killed the cow Tinkerbell, that had a key, and broke the venery. Egyptians don't believe in fairies and didn't clap to save her. So I tore the venery down. (Sabuli)
- Green for recognized (passed) veneries (use "Gr" prefix on pin)
- Red for unrecognized (unpassed) veneries (use "Rd" prefix on pin)