Beer Brewing Automation
From A Wiki in the Desert
Beer Brewing Automation is a multiple level skill from the School of Body allowing one to brew Beer without having to be near the beer kettle for every stage of the brewing.
One must first learn Beer Brewing Science, which is learned automatically upon barrelling a beer after the release of this skill.
At School of Body
- Level 0: 100 Candles, 5 Rope
- Allows 1 ingredient to be scheduled
- Level 1: 250 Candles, 15 Rope
- Allows 2 ingredients to be scheduled
- Level 2: 500 Candles, 40 Rope
- Allows 3 ingredients to be scheduled
- Level 3: 1000 Candles, 70 Rope
- Allows 4 ingredients to be scheduled
- Level 4: 25 Glass Rods
- Allows to set a sealing timer, with an Hour Glass
Scheduling Ingredient Addition
- Click the "Beer" button, and then click again to refresh the window and show the "Schedule" menu
- Each scheduled step requires 1 Candle and 1 Rope, plus the ingredients.
- After indicating the ingredient and the quantity, you must set the time, "After how many seconds". Please note that the prompt should read "At how many seconds remaining" (as of 2021-08-07).
- As with ingredients entered manually, all seconds are internally rounded to the nearest multiple of 12.
- Entering 0 for the seconds results in 12!
- Once the item is scheduled to be added, it is removed from your inventory. The schedule can be reviewed before the brewing process is started.
- Before brewing has started, there is also the option to "Reset" the schedule. Scheduled ingredients are returned to the player's inventory (but not candle and rope).
When the interface asks "After how many seconds?", it really means how many seconds the ingredient should brew for. That is, the number of seconds remaining until the end of the brewing phase. (This is the countdown timer on the kettle)
- Enter 1200 to add the ingredients with 1200 seconds remaining, for ingredients added at the Start.
- Enter 600 to add the ingredients with 600 seconds remaining.
- Enter 60 to add the ingredients at 60 seconds remaining.
- Enter 12 to add the ingredients at 12 seconds remaining, for ingredients added at the Finish.
Scheduling Seal Times
- Requires a Sand Timer, (made from an Hour Glass, at a crafting bench, with the Art of the Pipe skill), and Level 4 Beer Brewing Automation
- The timer counts in seconds, from the very beginning of the brewing process
- You need to calculate the number of seconds from when you hit "Start" until the kettle is sealed.
- The interface will show that the kettle is sealed as soon as the fermentation stage begins. This is to prevent the player from manually clicking the "Seal" button and confusing the microbes.
- The sand timer must be of Quality 3000 to be usable (but even then fairly worthless), and will be usable up to (Quality/3)+300 Seconds from the start. Thus, usable timers range from 1300 seconds (from an Hour Glass of Q3000) to 3633 seconds (from an hourglass of Q9999).
- Most likely you will want a Quality >= 6900 (1000 s seal time).
What Quality do I need (Math)
3600 - seal time = (quality / 3) + 300, so quality = 3*(3300 - seal time).
- Seal at 1000 requires Quality = 3*(3300 - 1000) = 3*2300 = 6900.
- Seal at 750 requires Quality = 3*(3300 - 750) = 3*2550 = 7650.
- Seal at 0 requires Quality = 3*(3300 - 0) = 9900.
- For a seal time of 2100, instruct the Sand Timer to seal after 1500 seconds. To get this figure subtract 2100 from 3600.
- For a seal time of 1600, instruct the Sand Timer to seal after 2000 seconds. 3600 - 1600 = 2000
- For a seal time of 950, instruct the Sand Timer to seal after 2650 seconds. 3600 - 950 = 2650
- For a seal time of 756, instruct the Sand Timer to seal after 2844 seconds. 3600 - 756 = 2844
Q7633 Hour Glass --> Sand Timer, Max Timer 2844 --> Seal Times from 2400 to 756 seconds.