"I hope the basic overview of Cheese has been helpful, but the new mechanics are "discovery of ingredient ratios", "discovery of correct ingredients", "discovery of best locations", "maturing system", in comparison to wine, there is no genetics aspects, Cheese is aimed as a "i'm not that good at cooking but I want stat food", "tradable food with known results" and as a simpler idea to beer/wine. So if you enjoy cheese then Cooking, Wine and Beer are your next progression paths in terms of game complexity." -Malard on Discord
- Aged cheese can be a long term stat boost source
- Cheese does not go stale
- Cheese may be traded
- Different cheeses have different characteristics
- Example: Rumi cheese is a great carry food but has a small hit to road speed
- Potency level (0-10) determines the amount the stat(s) are changed
- Potency 0 is worthless, and gives no boost. This is the stage of newly made cheese. It cannot be eaten until aged.
- Potency 1 (lowest) will give/take a few points in a stat
- Potency 10 could be as high as +50/-50
- Potency also affects duration - from hours up to days
As noted by Lukeera a number of people don't use Discord (20 8 2021) - so to try and help everyone know how cheese currently works (note Jeffrez has queried with Malard if this is intended): 1 - Eating cheese gives you a stat timer (potency 3 is about 12 hours) 2 - You can then stack herbs on top of this and that stack lasts until the expiry of the cheese timer
EXAMPLE: I eat a 3 potency Istanboly cheese, then i eat common basil, the +dex buff from the basil is applied at a timer equal to the remaining cheese timer.
Doing this allows you to accumulate huge stat bonuses (Jeffrez supplemented his natural + 11 dex by an extra 50 dex to give 61 dex - this is on the lower scale of bonus which has been achieved).
- Made in a Creamery
- Some cheeses are faction specific. There may be region-specific cheeses in the future.
- Learning the Cheese Making 0 (Skill) skill will give you two basic recipes
- Additional cheese recipes can be discovered
- Cheeses take time to mature
- This happens in either a Small Aging Rack or Large Aging Rack
- Longer maturation time increases potency (up to the amount allowed based on the recipe used)
- Both Mishi and Rumi cheeses may gain a point of potency each week they age in a large rack (confirmation needed)
- Once a cheese is removed from an aging rack, maturation stops. Cheeses of Potency 1 and greater cannot be put on an aging rack.
Tortellini had Istanboly (7 focus, 6 perc, -7 dex) and ate a perception herb and got the message "You throw up, the combination of flavours is too much for your body" resetting stats back to normal
This may have changed for T10 -- Amy got up to 106 Dexterity (!!) by eating potency 6 Rumi cheese followed by a bunch of different dexterity herbs.
- Rumi, available to all Egyptians with the Cheesemaking skill, from the Great Hall of the player's Faction.
- Halloumi, available to all Kush players
- Istanboly, available to all Hyksos players
- Mish, available to all Meshwesh players
Recipes are learned at the Great Hall be selecting Research > Train > then select each cheese type.
- Shanklish, Areesh, Baramily, and Domiati, available upon completion of the Stranger's Challenge
- Challenge may be started at any conflict shrine, at any time. Only one recipe given per avatar.
- A player may take as much time as they wish, but the Challenge must be completed within two hours to receive a cheese recipe.
- Discovered when making Areesh Cheese that I could only put in 500 Sour Milk (50 cheese). This was after I had put in 80x for all other ingredients. Need to test to see if that is a limit on 500 of any ingredient when making cheese. I would advise when making cheese to put in the largest quantity item first to avoid wastage of precious ingredients. - TimberNZ January 2019
- The table below lists the official recipe for each cheese which you are told when learning the cheese recipe. However, when actually making the cheese you are free to modify the recipe as you see fit, which may allow you to save on costs. For example, Halloumi cheese can be made with 3 Buttermilk and 1 Salt only, bypassing the need for Cow Milk.
|Cheese||Official Recipe||Positive Stats||Negative Stats|
|Halloumi (Kush)||10 Cow Milk, 3 Buttermilk, 1 Salt||floor(2.5n) Spd, n Perc|
|Istanboly (Hyksos)||10 Cow Milk, 4 Oil, 2 Peppers||n Con, floor(2.5n) Foc, 2n Perc|
|Mish (Meshwesh)||3 Buttermilk, 3 Sour Milk, 3 Peppers, 1 Salt||floor(1.5n) Dex, floor(2.5n) Speed|
|Rumi (all)||15 Cow Milk||floor(2.5n) Str, floor(2.5n) Dex||n Spd|
|Shanklish||5 Buttermilk, 15 Garlic, 3 Oil||Spread on the walls of a sheep pen for "protection" Pot 1 <1day||n all stats, |
no change to End
|Areesh||10 Sour Milk, 4 Honey, 1 Salt, 2 Buttermilk||100+25n points added to final quality of all items made with the anvil and glory hole||floor(-1.5n) to all stats.|
|Baramily||2 Cabbage, 3 Cow Milk, 3 Sour Milk, 3 Wood||Silences Cicada Cages for ~1 RL hour/potency (limited sample size)|
|Domiati||5 Water, 15 Cow Milk, 2 Salt, 5 Wood|
Known Cheese Stats
||2||1||3h / Dinkie|
||5||2||6h / Dinkie|
||7||3||9h / Dinkie|
||-1||-2||1||2||2||4h / Dinkie|
||-3||-5||2||5||4||8h / Dinkie|
||-4||-7||3||7||6||12h / Dinkie|
||-1||3||4||2h / Dinkie|
||-3||6||8||4h / Dinkie|
||-4||9||12||6h / Dinkie|
||-9||18||24||12h / KayGee|
||5||5||-2||6 hrs / Dinkie|
||7||7||-3||9 hrs / Dinkie|
||10||10||-4||12 hrs / Myn|
||12||12||-5||15 hrs / Myn|
||15||15||-6||18 hrs / Rosenfeuer|
||17||17||-7||21 hrs / Rosenfeuer|
||20||20||-8||24 hrs / Rosenfeuer|
|Rumi||9||22||22||-9||30 hrs 37 min|
|Rumi||10||25||25||-10||~35 hrs / Qwu|
|Areesh||3||-4||-4||-4||-4||-4||-4||-4||/ Heterika, +175 quality|
|Areesh||6||all negative stats -4 to -9
250 points per item
eat sinker or grilled to stop the negative stat
|Areesh||8||-12||-12||-12||-12||-12||-12||-12||+300 quality /Gnarph|
|Baramily||pot||cicada silence times||Hours / Rania|
|Baramily||1||? 15 min / Rania|
|Baramily||2||43 Min / Rania|
|Baramily||3||-1||-1||-1||-1||-1||-1||1hr 2 min / Rania|
|Baramily||4||1hr 26 min / Rania|
|Baramily||5||1hr 45 min / Rania|
|Baramily||6||2hr 7 min / Rania|
|Baramily||7||2hr 26 min / Rania|
Odd Barrel of Cheese
- with a crowbar in inventory and the Barrel on the ground
- right click the barrel click a destructive action
- the cheeses will go to your inventory and the crowbar and barrel will poof
Event cheese containers were distributed across the landscape.
- Odd Barrel of Cheese
- Odd Crate of Cheese
- Odd Sacks of Cheese