From A Wiki in the Desert
A Tale In The Desert offers Color blind mining to individuals by placing a GM call. Once enabled you will be able to work the mine in color blind mode. Besides the Menu shown below some ore stones will have text descriptions to complete the complexity of harder ores.
General Description of Mining
- Anyone can see what type of Ore Mine it is. These mines do not crumble so there is no repair cost.
- When dowsing, 'Unrecognizable ore' means the required Perception is double your current rounded up. That's the current theory.
- Work the Mine, here we use the Color blind hotkey [C] to get the first set or new set of ore stones. This option will only show up if you have a GM enable Color Blind Mode for you.
- Minimum number of Ore Stones in a successful Workload for any ore is 3 Ore Stones chosen.
- Gems and coal are produced when one of the Ore Stones crumbles. When a specific Ore Stone has been selected in a correct workload 7 times it crumbles.
- "All same or all different" means that each set needs to be either of the same or of a different type. E.g., the crystal shape could be all flat or 3 different shapes.
- "Some same and some different" means that each set must contain a pair and one different from the pair. E.g., the crystal shape could be 2 flat and 1 short shards.
|Ore Type||Number of Ore Stones in a set||Varying Characteristics||Characteristic Rules for a Successful Workload||Color Blind Mode|
|Aluminum||9||4 Crystal shapes, 4 Stone Shapes, 4 Base shapes||All Same or All Different|
|Antimony||14||5 Crystal Shapess, 4 stone Shapes, 2 Base Shapes||All Same or All Different|
|Cobalt||10||4 Crystal Shapes, 4 text colors (see ore stone menu), 4 Base shapes||2 same base and one different, 2 same crystal and one different, 2 same stone and one different|
|Copper||8||4 crystal shapes, 4 Stone Shapes||All Same or All Different
|Gold||12||3 Stone shapes, 3 Stone text Patterns (see ore stone menu), 2 Crystal Shapes, 3 base shapes||All Same or All Different
|Iron||7||3 Stone shapes, 3 base Shapes||All Same or All Different
|Lead||9||4 Base Shapes, 4 Stone Shapes, 3 Crystal Shapes||All Same or All Different: Same shape + same gem colour + different rock colour = work. different rock colour + different gem colour + different shape = work
|Magnesium||9||6 Stone shapes, 3 Crystal Shapes, 3 Base Shapes||All Same or All Different
|Nickel||13||3 Stone Shapes, 3 Text Patterns (see ore stone), 3 Crystal Shapes, 3 Base Shapes (provisional)||3+ All Same or All Different
|Platinum||12||5 Text Colors, 5 text Crystal colors, 5 text patterns, 4 Base Shapes||Some Same and Some Different:
If mining 3 orestones, 2 must have same stone color and 3rd be different; 2 must have same base shape and 3rd be different, etc.
|Sand||7||7 Base Shapes||All Same or All Different
|Silver||10||5 Stone Shapes, 4 Base Shapes, 3 Crystal Shapes||3+ All Same or All Different
|Tin||9||4 Base Shapes, 4 Crystal Shapes||All Same or All Different
|Zinc||10||3 Stone Shapes, 3 Base Shapes, 3 Crystal Shapes||All Same or All Different
Ore Stone, Crystal and base shapes