|The Test of the Bijou|
|(Test - Art and Music)|
The regular structure of Hornet's Wing Granite is the key to this Test. A single slab makes enough identical gem-like pieces to allow others to attempt your cut. Which cuts truly require the skill of a master to duplicate?
Build a Scholar's Gem Cutting table. Included in the costs is a piece of Hornet's Wing Granite, a stone with a most unusual property: Each slab is of a repeating crystalline structure, meaning that a single slab produces many copies of the same raw gem-like piece. Challenge others to duplicate your design.
Complete the Test of the Bijou by designing a cut gem that others find appropriately challenging. Each person attempting your puzzle will start with the same raw gem that you did.
- Cut a Queen's Tomb Turquoise (1 Talent Point)
- Cut a Queen's Tomb Amethyst (1 Talent Point)
- Build a Scholar's Gem Cutting Table
- Design a Challenge Cut and open it for Judging (1 Talent Point)
- Tear down your Scholar's Gem Cutting Table, OR do the following:
- Have 7 Judges solve and rate your Bijou
- Design rated Good by most judges
- All of the above, OR solve three recent winning Bijou
The Test of the Bijou is the third test available in the discipline of Art. The Test challenges players to create a unique gem cut which other players must duplicate. Once a cut has been set as the "challenge gem", players may attempt the cut again and again, using the same flaws as the original gem. This makes a Student Gemcutting Table an excellent way to practice gem cuts without using cuttable gems.
Passing the Principle
- You need to have the Lapidary 1 technology to do this test.
- Build a Scholar's Gem Cutting Table. Once the table is built, design a unique gem cut (no actual cuttable gems are required).
- Either tear it down or open it for judging and have 7 judges solve and rate your Bijou.
Notes on Bijou Table Ownership
Scholar's Gem Cutting Table belongs to the person that built it. They cannot be transferred. They do not have any ownership menu other than Public/Private. Public allows anyone to change your design. Make the table Private so your design is protected.
The only way to give a table to another is to salvage the table and rebuild.
Passing the Test
Galleries and Museums
|Upper Egypt||626, -1653||Party Palace And Gallery||Family Guild||3 bijou|
Adding to the Map
To add to the map just copy the following line and change it into your values
(PinGrB) 976,6806, Firegolem , Bijou
Just adding to the table doesn't add to the map, you need to add the above line to the CondMap with the others
|West Kush||850 -4255||Sabuli||No||South of VoQ cs|
|Upper Egypt||629 -1658||Tazendra||No|
|Upper Egypt||624 -1658||Rauul||No|
|Upper Egypt||629 -1655||Kay||No|
|Red Sea||1820 1957||Jazkar||No||Near Asyut CS|
|Red Sea||2031 2006||Djoser||No||Just East of Avaris CS|
|Red Sea||2970 -1104||RoaminUmp||No||Just South of Bernike CS|
|Meshwesh||1080 7015||Peabody||No||Northeast of Meshwesh CS|