Trees are a fundamental resource in the Tale.
They are known for :
- Being the obvious source for wood,
- Being harvested for their resin,
- Providing hiding places for chicken eggs,
- Hosting insects,
- Roosting spots for falcons.
- Depending on your Arthropodology skill, you will sometimes gather a number of insects while harvesting wood, among Ash Centipedes, Desert Millipedes, Golden Asps, Horned Hookworms, Red Crickets, Ringed Wasps and Woolly Aphids.
A couple trees also have a particular use, such as :
- Royal Palms will sometimes give you a perfect Palm Frond,
- Coconut trees grow Coconuts over time, which can be harvested,
- Date palms, once fertilized, will provide Dates
Below is a gallery of the various trees growing in Egypt.
This was created to serve as a reference in the hunt for specific tree Resins. Knowing what a particular tree looks like is half the battle.
There is one tree standing out from the others, the date palm, which only produces dates after being fertilized. No wood will come out of it.