From A Wiki in the Desert
Limestone is a sedimentary rock found in natural deposits around Egypt.
It can be gathered with:
- A Flint Hammer and Flint Chisel (producing 1 limestone per hit)
- A Heavy Mallet and a Lead Chisel (producing 3 limestone per hit).
With manual gathering, it's a good idea to bring multiple chisels when gathering limestone. Flint chisels have a tendency to shatter with use. Manually gathering limestone uses Endurance, so food that boosts End helps a lot.
Example, to give you some idea of costs: Gathering 300 limestone with no endurance boost took me 2 hours 38 minutes, and broke 15 chisels and 4 hammers.
- While gathering, you may also get Soda with a 20-25% chance per hit, as a byproduct.
- With a Lead Chisel and Heavy Mallet, ~10% yields for Soda are more likely. (Data 7/2/2021: 333 gathers yielded 999 limestone and 124 soda.)
- 60 needed to build a Night Sky Table.
Research and Tuition
- 1000 needed for Pyrolysis research
Lime Emulsion, Night Sky Table, Pyramid Construction, Pyrolysis, Technology/Pyrolysis/1, Test of the Tomb of the Immortal, Tomb of the Immortal
To edit the map locations, see Maps/Limestone