|Small Construction Site|
A Serpentarium (sometimes referred to as a "snake pit") is a building used to raise Cobras.
This building becomes available once you have learned the Herpeculture tech.
Built in a Small Construction Site.
- 100 Concrete
- 4 Copper Sheeting
- 30 Copper Wire
- 40 Cut Stone
- 4 Gold
- 50 Linen
- 20 Paint - Aquamarine
- 30 Paint - Indian Red
- 12 Paint - Light Blue
- 15 Paint - Dark Green
- 4 Sheet Glass
Once built, there is a random (as far as we can tell) chance over time that a knot of 10 Cobras will settle into the Serpentarium. Depending on luck (and the number of Serpentariums built), this could take weeks or even months. You are not required to have a full selection of food to lure the Cobras in. It is not known whether or not having more types of food affects the odds.
Once the Cobras have moved in, every so often (more often when more Cobras are in the Serpentarium) one of three actions will be taken:
- A baby cobra will be born, increasing the population of the pit by one.
- A cobra will feed. The type of food it wants is random. If the food is available, it will eat and stay. If it is not, it will escape to the wild, reducing the population of the pit by one.
- A cobra will wander off. The cobra may escape to the wild, or it may settle into another nearby pit. This may be one of your pits, or a pit belonging to someone else nearby. This reduces the population of the pit the snake leaves by one, and increases that which he settles in by one. (There are a number of unanswered questions here, such as the maximum range a snake will travel to another pit, and whether he picks a random pit within range, or a random direction.)
Herpeculture is required to feed the snakes, and also to milk the snakes of their venom or take anything from the Serpentarium. The following items can be added to the cage as food (max of 500 of each type of food can be added). Once food is placed in the serpentarium, it cannot be removed.
- Male Rabbits
- Female Rabbits
- Camel Milk
- Cow Milk (only if collected in a Canvas Bag)
Note:: Dead Ants cannot be used as food
The following items can be produced:
- Cobra Blood
- Cobra Skin
- Cobra Venom
- Basket of Cobras (Requires you to have passed the Test of Darkest Night