|9 x 7|
This building becomes available after you have learned Kiln Construction 1 (Skill).
- Turn up to 12 Wet Clay Bricks into Clay Bricks.
- Turn up to 12 Wet Clay Mortars into Clay Mortars.
- Turn up to 12 Wet Clay Jugs into Jugs.
- Turn up to 12 Wet Firebricks into Firebricks.
- Turn up to 1 Wet Clay Cookpot into Clay Cookpot
- Requires 6 Wood to fire.
Note: You can mix resources in the kiln (e.g. 6 Wet Clay Jugs and 6 Wet Firebricks) up to the maximum capacity of 12 items.
A newly built True Kiln will survive at least 20 firings and then can crumble at any time when firing. It is always more economical to repair the kiln than to tear it down unless you have a very high salvage skill. You are told how many firings are left, before firing, with the statements:
This True Kiln will survive 4 firings This True Kiln will survive 3 firings This True Kiln will survive 2 firings This True Kiln may crumble at the next firing
After a Kiln crumbles, the building doesn't disappear from the compound, but can be repaired for a cost of 1-20? Firebricks. Repairing the kiln reverts to the 'The True Kiln firebricks will survive at least 20 more firings' message.