In order to make Rotten Flax, you must have the Flax Processing skill and be standing near a body of water.
- Flax (harvested, not seeds)
In your "Skills..." submenu, you will find a "Rot flax in the water" option. Once you have selected the number of flax to rot, a buoy belonging to you will appear with a red flag.
It takes 5 Teppy minutes to rot flax. Once your flax has rotted, the buoy's flag will change color to white, at which time you can pick up your rotten flax.
Alternatively, flax may be rotted in a tub. However, since tubs crumble with use, this is never done in practice, except when there is no water source nearby.
- 1 Flax
- You can rot as much flax in a single buoy as you want; rotting requires a fixed amount of time (about 5 minutes) regardless of the quantity of flax.
- Rotting flax in sulfur water may take several hours.
- Once placed, a buoy can be guilded or given.
- You can retrieve rotten flax from buoys created by your spouse.
- Ownership of buoys was first introduced in the First Telling by the Flax Processing Co-Operative Law.
- Rotting flax in a body of water does not appear to have any impact on fishing.
- Up to 10 rotten flax can be processed at a time in a hackling rake or flax comb, or 200 at a time (up to 1200 with upgrades) in a flax gin, and separated into Tow, Lint and Straw.
- Up to 10 rotten flax can be dried at a time on a Drying Rack or Flax Hammock to create Dried Flax.
Research and Tuition
- 9000 needed for Seed Registry Research