From A Wiki in the Desert
Straw is produced from drying grass, and also as a byproduct from flax processing. It has two main uses: as food for camels, and as an ingredient in bricks.
- Straw is made by drying Grass. It can be dried by dropping it on the ground, or by putting it in a Flax Hammock or Drying Rack.
NOTE: When dropped on the ground, the more grass in a single pile, the longer the pile takes to dry.
NOTE: When dropped on the ground, grass will periodically be swept up by the game sweeper. This is not a safe nor a long-term way to dry or store straw.
- Straw is also the first byproduct of processing Rotten Flax in a Flax Comb or Hackling Rake. For some, it is easier to make straw this way, especially if you have good flax seeds.
- 1 Grass
- 1 Rotten Flax
?if produced in a Comb.
- Feed/attract Camels
- 2 used to make 6 Bricks in a Flimsy Brick Mould.
- 4 used to make 12 Bricks in an Sturdy Brick Mould.
- Variable amount needed to expand a Compound
Research and Tuition
- 4000 required for Animal Husbandry research
- 100,000 required for Detonation research
1 Straw produced in Drying - 60s
10 Straw produced in Flax Comb - 60s
10 Straw produced in Hackling Rake - 60s
10 Straw produced in Improved Hackling Rake - 60s
Animal Husbandry, Aqueduct Construction Site, Bricks, Camels, Compound, Rabbit Hutch, Rabbit Hutch, Ranch, Ranching, Stable, Stable