From A Wiki in the Desert
Saltpeter (also known in the real world as niter or potassium nitrate) is a white chemical powder formed from rotting Dung in a Basic Tub, Sturdy Tub, or a Marble Tub.
Results in 4 saltpeter in about 20 teppy minutes.
- Applied to Date Palm to fertilize them into producing Dates.
- Can be used to fertilize Trees from which Wood has recently been harvested. Adding 1 saltpeter will halve the time until tree can be harvested again.
- One of the catalysts for mixing Paint in a Pigment Laboratory.
- One of the materials that can be used in a Wood Treatment Tank to make Treated Boards
- One of the materials that can be used in a Chemical Bath to make Treated Metal
- Used to make Gunpowder
- Used by Fly Tying to make Hardened Lures for Fishing
- Used by a Thistle Garden as one of the means to produce vitamins.
Research and Tuition
- 0-400 Needed for tuition for Cooperage 2 skill.
- 500 needed for Chemistry 1 Research
- 25,000 required to research Metal Treatment
- 1000 needed to research Gardening
- 2000 required for The Science of Color research
- 5000 needed for Thistle Gardening research
- 5000 required for Wood Treatment research
Chemistry, Cooperage, Fishing Lure/Hardened, Metal Treatment, Test of Towers, The Science of Color, Treated Metal, Wood Treatment