From A Wiki in the Desert
|Small Construction Site|
An Airship is a vehicle that can be used to travel by air. You can build it after you have learned the Airship Construction technology and gotten Shipwright 4 (Skill).
- 8 Water Metal Straps
- 20 Aluminum Straps
- 80 Silk Cloth
- 160 Canvas
- 160 Linen
- 400 Rope
- 600 Treated Boards - Pliable, Fireproof, Blond
Built on a Small Construction Site.
Quick Flying Notes
- To quote Teppy, "Think hot-air balloon, not helicopter." You move in the direction you're blown, but you can go to higher or lower altitudes, and the wind direction will be different at different altitudes. There is a wind map (for the current altitude) accessed from Self -> Navigation -> Show the Airstream.
- No fuel is required.
- When on the ground, the Airship can be packed up for easy carrying.
- They have a weight and bulk of 100 when packed.
- The option to Unpack Airship is under Self -> Skills -> Assembly.
- If you land on water, you get a pop-up saying "A gust of wind blows you back!" and you're returned to wherever you took off from.
- They don't respect the auto-public setting.
T6 Guide to Flying: https://www.atitd.org/wiki/tale6/Guides/Airship_Flight_Manual