|Gem Cutting Table|
|17 x 17|
Gem Cutting Tables cannot be rotated during placement.
If you have a Specimen Case (a pre-order special item) you can place a partially cut gem in the case and work on it later.
- Have the Specimen Case in your inventory
- Work the gem until you are ready to stop
- Select Finish Cutting and scroll to the end of the list and select: Unique Specimen
- You will be given a box to name it e.g. BlockHeadCut
- It will show in your inventory with this name and replaces the Specimen Case in your inventory
- When you load the gem into the table again your specimen case will return to your inventory
Built in a Compound. Uses 17x17 cells.
Upgrade with Fine Balance
Adds a balance to a gem cutting table, measuring a gem's weight.
Upgrade table to Fracture Gems
This upgrade option is only available if you know Fine Balance
Once installed, it allows you to fracture large gems into between 0 and 7 smaller gems. The amount is random each time you fracture the gem.
Cutting gems consists of trying to cut a semi-randomly shaped gem into a specific pattern. There is no room for error and the final product must be 100% accurate. The gem is cut by rotating the gem on its X,Y, or Z axis as needed, and cutting it with 1 of 3 blades on the table. The blades, and the type of cut they apply, are shown in the image below.
There are a number of hotkeys that move the gem. The mouse must be at the junction of the gem and the table for the hotkeys to work.
Public Gem Cutting Table