|16 x 14|
This building becomes available after you have learned the Carpentry 1 (Skill) skill.
The function of a Carpentry Shop is to plane wood into boards; this requires a blade to be installed. With a blade installed and wood in your inventory, you can use the shop to plane boards automatically, which saves a great deal of clicking. Automatic planing will halt if you move, if the blade dulls, or after 50 plane cycles. Note that it's impossible to use automatic planing on multiple Carpentry shops at once. However, you can auto plane on one shop, and continue to manually plane on other shops without stopping the auto-planing shop. Manually planing carries a small Endurance Timer.
NOTE: Installing a metal blade requires Blacksmithing 0 (Skill) (level uncertain)
Basic blades have a limited number of uses. Metal Carpentry Blade durability is based on the quality of the blade
|Metal||Variable based on blade quality|
The number of boards planed per cycle is based on your Carpentry level. The formula is :
- Make a Deckle from 6 Boards, 80 Nails and 300 Silver Wire (Requires Vice Bench upgrade)
- Make a Loom Frame from 70 Copper Wire, 6 Boards and 80 Nails (requires Vice Bench upgrade)
- Make an Iron Shovel from 4 Boards, 1 Shovel Blade (Requires Vice Bench upgrade)
- Make a Mouldboard Plough from 2 Large Crude Handle, 10 Leather, 2 Mouldboard, 6 Rope, 4 Wooden Peg, 20 Wood (Requires Vice Bench upgrade)
- Repair a Broken Plough with 1 Broken Plough, 2 Mouldboard (Requires Vice Bench upgrade)