|13 x 6|
The Glazier's Bench is used to make various Glass products, such as Glass Rods and Sheet Glass. It runs on Charcoal.
This building becomes available after you have learned the Glassblowing 0 (Skill). Once built, anyone can make glass products regardless of skill. You do need to know the Glassblowing to make products.
- 200 Firebricks
- 400 Bricks
- 1200 Sand
- Has a reservoir that can hold a maximum of 50 deben of molten glass - if you attempt to load it with more than that, the materials will not be loaded, instead you are told "The crucible holds a maximum of 50 deben of glass."
- Must contain at least 20 in order to craft an item, regardless of how much the item will actually consume.
- 19 deben of glass can never be used; it is a permanent minimum reservoir level.
- Unused molten glass stays in the bench between uses, even after cooling (it re-melts the next time you heat the bench), so it is not necessary to fill the reservoir from scratch every time.
Types of Glass
An individual bench can only contain one type of glass (soda, normal, or jewel) at a time. If you want to use a bench for a different type of glass, you must deliberately empty the reservoir and start over. Since this is so wasteful, it's generally more economical to build an additional Glazier's Bench for the new glass type instead.
|Glass Type||Melting Point||Working Temp||Ingredients|
|Soda Glass||3200°||1600–2400°||1 Lime, 2 Soda, 10 Sand|
|Normal Glass||3200°||1600–2400°||1 Lime, 2 Potash, 10 Sand|
|Jewel Glass||4400°||1600–2400°||1 Lime, 2 Potash, 10 White Sand|
One type of ingredients set is heated to high temperature to produce melted glass of the desired type. The melted glass can later be formed to the various end products. It takes 1 deben of glass to create 1 item, except where noted otherwise.
Soda Glass Products
- Glass Rods Takes 60 Seconds
- Glass Pipe Takes 90 Seconds
- Glass Scythe Blade Takes 30 Seconds (Requires Glassblowing 1)
Normal Glass Products
- Glass Pipe Takes 90 Seconds
- Glass Jar Takes 90 Seconds
- Glass Rod Takes 60 Seconds
- Sheet Glass Takes 120 Seconds (Success also depends on the Sheet Glass Fabrication skill)
- Decorative Torch (aka Glass Torch) Takes 180 Seconds (Requires 5 glass, Requires Glassblowing 1)
- Empty Wine Bottles Takes 90 Seconds (Makes 12 for 1 glass, Requires Glassblowing 1)
Jewel Glass Products
- Fine Glass Rods Takes 90 Seconds
- Fine Glass Pipe Takes 90 Seconds
- Jewelled Glass Sigil Takes 180 Seconds
Once you have obtained a Sheet Glass Fabrication skill of 7, you will receive a new menu entry, "Fuse silver powder to sheet glass".
A mirror is made in any glazier's bench regardless of the amount or type of glass. The bench has to be heated above 5000
NOTE: Various glass products can be placed in a Glory Hole, and converted to advanced resources.
Glaziers benches continue to be excellent producers of Soot. Other changes may, or may not, be possible depending on product, but Glass Rods and Glass Pipes made from Soda Glass are very capable of quickly elevating the levels of Soot around the benches, and it is likely all other products will as well, or simply running benches is sufficient to accomplish the same. Glazier's Benches are the highest-impact Soot producers per unit of runtime/product produced I have encountered, excepting only early-tale Smelters. -Somebob
Supporting Data: Baseline before firing benches Heavy Metals: 0.00% pH: 7.0000 Ground Water: 50.103% Phosphorus: 25.051% Soot: 0.000% Potassium: 25.051% Nitrogen: 25.051% Salinity: 0.000%
After 117 Glass Pipes, no other camp activity. Heavy Metals: 0.00% pH: 7.0000 Ground Water: 50.103% Phosphorus: 25.051% Soot: 6.116% Potassium: 25.051% Nitrogen: 25.051% Salinity: 0.000%